Opinion: Public Views on MH370



Over the past week, I've been heavily intoxicated with the news of the missing Malaysian Airlines MH370. My fascination grows like a little boy enjoying his very first detective book. Conspiracy? Mystery? Or just bad luck?

Concerning that matter, every time I indulge in deep conversations with my fellow colleagues (just to sound professional), I always ask what they are thinking about the missing MH370. Interestingly, you cannot rule out any possibilities or factors that cause the phenomenon, unless it is highly unnatural. So, without further ado, below are the list of opinions I've heard for the past few days.


"Terrorist attack. I am not sure what the motives are, but I think they are just trying to make a point. Imagine if in each month of the year, there will be a new plane that's missing. The pattern of attack could be so random; first in Malaysia, second maybe Iceland, Brazil next and then Somalia. With that in mind, you wouldn't want to fly anymore, would you?" (Ian. 19 yrs. Geology background)

"The pilot, or the co-pilot, or both, got a bit of life problems. Maybe someone accidentally used a condom that is leaking? And he doesn't want to be responsible. So, they commit a suicide. No one knows, man. Life is hard." (Adi. 19 yrs. Environment background)

"They got abducted by aliens!" (June. 23 yrs. Accounting background)

"Too much cocaine/weed/meth/LSD/heroin/whatever substances they are using at that time. They suddenly turned away from their original path because they got too high and started following their imaginations." (Muhammad. 19 yrs. Politics background)

"It's North Korea! Its those d*mn NORTH KOREA! I knew that we shouldn't took them so lowly! They are capable of such unfathomable powers you won't believe exists! Too much secrets happening inside their land! (Gerald. 21 yrs. Finance background)

"They crashed. Bam! Dead. Gone forever. Sinking beneath the everlasting waves, unreachable even by the hands of men. Typical engine problems, nothing major." (Budi. 21 yrs. Computer engineering background)

"This is a high level of conspiracy. First probability, Malaysian Airlines is on the edge of bankruptcy. The accident is just a scheme to cover it. Second probability, it is a competition between developed countries to showcase their technologies and advancement. U.S, China and Canada are among the big leagues. And recently, Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, released an update 'from some unknown, but reliable source' that the plane was last traced on the waters near Perth. Now, who will win the race?" (Putra. 25 yrs. Marketing background)


Whatever happens to MH370, I only pray for the best. But, deep down I actually prefer if the worst will happen, because it would lead to more things to be discovered, new questions to ask and new mystery to solve. And whoever is behind the missing MH370, you deserve my clap.





I am currently still looking for more possible factors that could explain, or in some way related to, this phenomenon. If you have your own possible explanation, please feel free to comment on this post.

Leave a Reply